Course & Race Information
- Race begins at the Pavilion Shelter near the Duck Pond
- Water stations placed on route
- Awards ceremony immediately following Kid's Fun Run
- Race will be held rain or shine; however, in case of inclement weather, thank you for your donation
- Chip timing will be used for all top finisher awards
- Registration area and event venues are all located between the main pavilion and the tennis court area on the south side of the park
- Parking: Parking within Washington Park is very limited. Please park on neighborhood streets located south of South Grand Avenue, across from the Washington Park Pavilion.
- Race Etiquette: To facilitate a positive race experience for all runners and walkers, we ask that you practice standard 5k etiquette:
• Do not push or rush to the starting line once the horn is sounded.
• Please line up according to your mile pace. If you plan to walk the
race, please start at the back of the group.
• Should you need to walk, please move to the side of your lane
and try to ease your pace instead of abruptly stopping.
- Packet Pick-up, Scheels Store - Friday, July 18th 4pm-8pm
South MacArthur Boulevard, Springfield, IL
- Packet Pick-up at Race Site, Washington Park -
Saturday, July 19th 6:45am - 7:30am
South Grand Avenue West
- 6:45-7:30 am Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup
- 8:00 AM 5K Start
- 9:00 AM Kid's Fun Run Start
- 9:30 AM Awards Presentation
- 9:00 to 12:00 PM Post Fun Run Party
• Bounce House, Face Painting, & Food for Purchase from
- Awards will be presented to the overall male & female finishers
- Awards will also be presented to the top three finishers in the
following categories for male & female participants:
19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 & over
2012 2013 2014